CALDWELL BIO FERMENTATION CANADA
Raw Cultured Vegetables,
Juices and Starter Culture
Tangy Fermented Beet Dip
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader here
With a hint of aromatic spices and yogurt, this dip makes an excellent accoutrement to fresh veggies or flat breads and is even delicious used as a spread on sandwiches. Packed with all the goodness of the probiotics found in the vegetables, the addition of yogurt only makes it even better from a probiotic point of view and garlic packs a prebiotic punch. Enjoy!
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 2 200 ml packs Caldwell Beets
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt or thick kefir (feel free to use vegan yogurt or 1 cup of silken tofu as a dairy-free alternative)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (depending on your taste)
- 1 tsp each cumin and coriander powder
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pita chips (toasted pita bread points), bagel chips, organic corn or potato chips, a mix of fresh vegetable crudités or use as a spread on your favourite sandwich!
- Place the beets in a colander and allow them to drain. Reserve the liquid to add to vinaigrettes and other dressings.
- Meanwhile, place all of the remaining ingredients into the bowl of a food processor. Add in the beets once they’ve drained and process everything until you reach your desired consistency.
This is an incredibly versatile recipe. Feel free to substitute other herbs and spices in lieu of the ones mentioned above. Mint, dill and even grated cucumber add a wonderful twist to this delicious dip.
All of our products are certified
by the following organisations.
CONNECT WITH US
Caldwell Bio Fermentation Canada Inc.
Ste-Edwidge, Québec, Canada J0B 2R0