Our raw cultured vegetables are the result of a natural ancestral process called "lactic fermentation" or "lactic acid fermentation".
They are organic, unpeeled and unpasteurized, and therefore contain not only the fibres, minerals, vitamins and trace-elements found in freshly-harvested vegetables, but also enzymes, lactic bacteria and lactic acid, which are all important for your health.
Here are some of the health benefits offered by our products:
• The live lactic bacteria that are involved in the production of our products are so beneficial to health that they have often been called "life preserving agents".
• They contribute to the protection of the body against infections and stimulate the immune system.
• They improve the digestion process by regulating the level of acidity in the digestive tract and by stimulating the production of beneficial intestinal flora.
• They act as anti-oxidants.
• They facilitate the synthesis of certain vitamins, such as vitamins C and B12 (which can only be produced in the presence of lactic bacteria).
• They are known to have a soothing effect on the nervous system.
• In producing lactic acid and enzymes, the lactic bacteria also facilitate the break-down of proteins and hence their assimilation.
• Our fermented vegetables are recommended for diabetics, since the sugar content of vegetables is transformed by lactic bacteria into a more assimilable form.
• The lactic acid contained in our products does not have the harmful acidifying effect on the human system that other organic acids tend to have. In fact, it helps prevent arthritis.